Gonzales Mobile Veterinary Care is equipped with the latest surgical technology, allowing our mobile veterinarians the ability to perform most surgical procedures for dogs and cats, including orthopedic surgery, at an affordable price.
Our mobile van is equipped with an advanced surgical suite, including:
- Anesthetic monitoring equipment such as ECG and oxygen saturation monitors
- Surgery table with baer hugger technology to regulate body temperature for greater comfort and faster recovery for your pet
- Monitored sterilization techniques to verify sterilization is complete
- Full pre-anesthetic blood testing
- Monitored recovery area
We perform most types of general and orthopedic surgery, including:
- Eye, ear, and oral surgery
- Soft tissue/general surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Spay and Neuter surgery
- Laceration repair, wound repair, foreign object removal
Your pet’s comfort is our top priority, and we believe in maximizing the comfort of your pet before, during and after his/her procedure. Proper pain management also improves your pet’s recovery and speeds the healing process. We administer pain medication before beginning the procedure, during the procedure and post-operatively as needed.
Prior to surgery, all patients are carefully screened, and anesthetics are specifically tailored to your pet. We recommend pre-surgical blood work so we can evaluate your pet’s kidney, liver, and heart function prior to undergoing anesthesia.
We monitor all your pet’s vital signs with state-of-the-art equipment, as well as manual techniques. Pets are monitored during surgery using pulse oximetry, respiratory monitoring, EKG, and temperature monitoring and are given oxygen and pain medication as needed.
Once the procedure is completed, a member of our team will call you with a status report. Our doctor or nurse will review the procedure with you and give you easy-to-understand aftercare instructions. We will call you within a few days to check on your pet and answer any additional questions.