Senior Canine Care
We are pleased to offer at-home veterinary care in the stress-free, comfortable environment of your own home for your senior dogs!
We love all of our patients and have a special place in our hearts for aging pets. Thanks to advances in veterinary medicine, dogs are living longer than they ever did before but as they age they require more frequent exams to detect early warning signs of disease. Senior dogs run a greater risk of illnesses such as kidney, heart, and liver disease, as well as cancers, organ failure, and hormone disorders to name a few. Older dogs can face weight, mobility, and arthritis issues as well.
To keep your senior dog as healthy as possible we encourage you to schedule your senior dog exams more frequently for preventative care. Two (2) or more visits annually will allow us to devise a customized health plan specifically tailored for your aging pet and perform diagnostic screenings when needed. If we are monitoring your pet for a chronic condition, more frequent visits may be recommended.
A senior dog wellness exam includes:
- Comprehensive preventative health care examination
- Comprehensive dental screening
- Intestinal parasite screening
- Heartworm testing and prevention
- Comprehensive senior blood profile panel and urinalysis (to assess internal organs, red and white blood cell counts, blood sugar levels, electrolyte levels and much more).
- Additional diagnostic screening as needed